This Sh** Is Bananas
SOOOO…I love banana bread, I mean, I really love banana bread.
I spent my party of a Sunday barefoot in the kitchen…cooking, baking and experimenting with recipes.
I love trying out healthy recipes on my husband to determine if he can tell if the recipe is healthy or not. This recipe is a winner, as it tastes just like the old fashion banana bread that we all love, but it’s made with healthier ingredients. Most versions have refined sugar and white flour, this recipe calls for a small amount of 100% maple syrup and coconut flour.
There are just some days when you feel like what you need is a few carbs. Well, I’ve got you covered here!
Photos by Cali Frankovic Photography
3 ripe bananas
3 tbsps of almond butter
Juice of ½ lemon
½ cup of coconut flour
4 pasture-raised eggs
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tbsp of raw honey or grade B maple syrup
Can also try liquid stevia for a lower carb version
1 tsp of vanilla
Pinch of pink salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line your loaf tin.
- Combine and mix coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, almond butter, lemon, eggs, butter, honey, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly. Enjoy!